Ikeja Wireless (PTY) LTD subscribes to this Code of Conduct which prescribes the minimum standard of conduct that Ikeja Wireless (PTY) LTD endeavours to follow in rendering services to its customers.
Ikeja Wireless (PTY) LTD has compiled this Code of Conduct in accordance with the guidelines as well as the minimum standards prescribed by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (“the Authority”) in Notice 1740 of 2007 published in Government Gazette No 30553 dated 7 December 2007 and in Notice 272 of 2008 published in Government Gazette No 30792 dated 25 February 2008, respectively.
In order to provide electronic communications services to its subscribers, IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD holds a licence issued by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA).
ICASA requires that all licence-holders comply with, inter alia, the:
1.1. ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2008, which sets out minimum standards of conduct 2.2.ICASA End-user and Subscriber Service Charter Regulations 2009, which sets out minimum quality of service standards applicable to services provided to subscribers and potential subscribers.
IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD has developed a Code of Conduct in line with these Regulations and will strive to follow this in its interactions with its Consumers.
The following definitions find application throughout all IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD documentation:
“Authority” means the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa
“Billing Dispute” means an instance where a Customer states in good faith that their bill contains incorrect charges, payments or adjustments.
“Billing Dispute Notice” means a notice submitted by the Customer in terms of this Procedure.
“Billing Disputes Handling Procedure” and “this Procedure” mean this Billing Disputes Handling Procedure for the initiation and resolution of Billing Disputes.
“Billing Enquiry” means the situation where the Customer seeks information or clarification relating to an Invoice including without limitation seeking clarification of charges or sources of usage. For the avoidance of doubt, this is not a Billing Dispute.
“Business Day” means any day other than a Saturday or Sunday or a public holiday observed as such in the Republic of South Africa.
“Business Hours” means 08h30–17h00 on Mondays–Fridays.
“Complaint” means an expression of dissatisfaction or grievance made by a Customer, but does not include a request for information. Billing Disputes are a specific form of Complaint dealt with only under the IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD Billing Disputes Handling Procedure.
“Customer” means an IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD subscriber or potential subscriber/client.
4. IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD makes the following key commitments and will endeavour to:
4.1. Act in a fair, reasonable and responsible manner in all dealings with Customers;
4.2. Ensure that all its services and products meet the specifications as contained in IKEJA WIRELESS’s licence and all the relevant laws and regulations;
4.3. Not unfairly discriminate against or between Customers on the basis of race, gender, sex, age, religion, belief, disability, ethnic background or sexual orientation;
4.4. Display utmost courtesy and care when dealing with Customers;
4.5. Provide Customers with information regarding services and pricing;
4.6. Upon Request, provide Customers with guidance with regard to their service needs;
4.7. Keep the personal information of Customers confidential unless IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD is:
4.7.1. Otherwise authorised or required by law or order of Court;
4.7.2. In possession of written authorisation from the Customer to do so; and/or
4.7.3. Required to release such information for the purpose of briefing IKEJA WIRELESS’s auditors or professional advisors or an accredited debt collection agency.
5. Subscribers and potential subscribers/clients have the right to refer Complaints to ICASA as more fully set out below.
6. The ICASA Code of Conduct Regulations 2007 stipulate the following IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD of consumer rights held by subscribers and potential subscribers/clients:
6.1. A right to be provided with the required service without unfair discrimination;
6.2. A right to choose the service provider of your choice;
6.3. A right to receive information in your preferred language IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will do its best to meet this request where reasonable);
6.4. A right to access and question records held by IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD and which relate to the Customer’s relationship with IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD;
6.5. A right to the protection of the Customer’s personal data, including the right not to have personal data sold to third parties without the Customer’s permission;
6.6. A right to port a number in terms of applicable regulations;
6.7. A right to lodge a complaint; and
6.8. A right to redress.
7.1 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD respects the constitutional right of Internet users to personal privacy and privacy of communications and undertakes to protect any consumer information accumulated.
7.2 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD respects the confidentiality of customers’ personal information and electronic communications, and does not gather, retain, sell or distribute such information to any other party unless:
7.2.1. use the information only for the purpose permitted or required;
7.2.2. report or release the information only to the consumer or prospective consumer;
7.2.3. only release that information to another person:
184.108.40.206. when directed by the written instruction of the consumer or prospective consumer,
220.127.116.11. when directed by an order of a court,
18.104.22.168. during the process of collection of debts owed to IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD to accredited debt collection agencies,
22.214.171.124. by IKEJA WIRELESS’s auditors for the purpose of auditing their accounts, or
126.96.36.199. in terms of any applicable law.
8. The following information can be obtained from the IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD website http://www.ikeja.co.za or by email request to email@example.com (with no charge payable), and is available for inspection at IKEJA WIRELESS’s offices during Business Hours:
8.1. IKEJA WIRELESS’s range of services / products on offer;
8.2. Tariff rates applicable to each service offered;
8.3. Terms and conditions applicable to such services / products;
8.4. Payment terms;
8.5. Billing, billing processes and the Billing Disputes Handling Procedure;
8.6. Complaints Handling Procedure, and
8.7. Relevant contact details
9. IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will provide the Customer with an itemised bill or invoice on request or where this is specified as part of the services provided to the Customer.
10. Billing terms are as set out on IKEJA WIRELESS’s invoices.
11. Payment may be made by EFT or debit order. Payment may also be made in cash or by cheque, subject to prior arrangement and agreement with IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD.
12.The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is the Republic of South Africa and the transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
VETTNG OF APPLICATIONS AND USE OF CREDIT REGISTERED CREDIT BUREAUX
13. Where applicable, IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD reserves the right to subject any application for services and/or products, including variations to existing services and/or products, to credit referencing and analysis by registered credit bureaux, and the Customer consents to the use of all information supplied for this purpose and for the purpose of compliance with the National Credit Act 34 of 2005.
14.Where a product such as a modem is defective, IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will replace it in accordance with the manufacturer’s warranty for that product.
15. IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will provide the Customer with a copy of the written terms and conditions upon finalisation of a service agreement or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter. Where an agreement is entered into telephonically, a copy of the written terms and conditions thereof will be provided to the Customer within seven (7) Business Days.
16. Where IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD affect changes to the terms and conditions of its service, IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will inform the Customer of such changes within a fair and reasonable period.
17. IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will, subject to events and conduct beyond its reasonable control,
17.1. provide a minimum of 95% service availability measured over six (6) months;
17.2. attain a 90% success rate within seven (7) Business Days in meeting requests for activation of a service while meeting the balance of requests within fifteen (15) Business Days;
17.3. provide full reasons to the Customer where IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD is not able to meet a request for activation within these time periods within seven (7) Business Days of receipt of request for same;
17.4. maintain an average of 90% fault clearance rate for all faults reported within three (3) Business Days of the fault;
17.5. respond within three (3) minutes (averaged over six months) to any call directed to the IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD offices.
17.6. monitor its network 24/7/365.
18. Customers acknowledge that IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD is directly dependent on network and other services provided by third parties in providing the services and meeting the standards set out above, and that IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD cannot be held liable in any manner whatsoever for any failure to meet such standards where this results from the acts and/or omissions of such third parties
19 You are required to direct a billing complaint to firstname.lastname@example.org . The complaint is required to be accompanied by the following:
19.1 a copy of the bill concerned or the particulars thereof, e.g. the account number;
19.2 the reason for the dispute;
19.3 the amount in dispute; and
19.4 supporting information or documentation, if any.
20 Where a customer lodges a billing complaint, IKEJA WIRELESS’s complaint handling process is guided by the following general principles:
20.1 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will not disconnect the service of the subscriber while the investigation of a disputed portion of a bill is still pending;
20.2 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will reach a determination regarding the billing complaint and communicate it to the complainant within fourteen (14) working days;
20.3 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will not disconnect the service until it has notified the complainant about the results of their investigation and the final decision on the complaint;
20.3 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will not take adverse collection procedures or assess late charges and/or penalties while the investigation of a disputed billing is still pending;
20.4 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will not require the customers to pay the disputed bill in full pending the investigation of the complaint.
20.5 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will ensure that the customers is informed well in advance about time for payment and the possibility of disconnection in the case of non-payment within a certain period before they disconnect him/her.
21.1 All complaints other than billing complaints must be submitted to IKEJA WIRELESS
21.2 You are required to afford us an opportunity to resolve a complaint before you approach the Authority.
21.3 You are required to direct a complaint to email@example.com . Your complaint should include the following:
21.3.1 your name and surname;
21.3.2 your account number;
21.3.3 the date on which the complaint arose; and
21.3.4 a brief description of what gave rise to the complaint.
21.4 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 3 (three) working days of receipt thereof.
21.5 IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD will formally resolve your complaint in writing within 14 (fourteen) working days of receipt thereof, or within such longer period as we may agree to under circumstances where the resolution of the complaint is for example (but without limitation) in the hands of a supplier or third party service provider.
21.6 You may approach the Authority for resolution of the dispute, should you not be satisfied with the outcome of the dispute as determined by IKEJA WIRELESS.
21.7 The dispute will be referred to the Complaints and Compliance Committee of the Authority in terms of section 17 (H) of the ICASA Act in the event that the dispute is not resolved by the Authority itself as contemplated above.
22. IKEJA WIRELESS (PTY) LTD reserves the right to make alterations to this Code of Conduct from time to time.
Such amendments are binding IKEJA WIRELESS. The current Code of Conduct will be maintained on IKEJA WIRELESS’s website.
Unit 2 ADL Park
Cnr. Stock & Govan Mbeki Roads Philiipi
P.O. Box 646
071 643 1744
23. Any queries relating to this Code of Conduct should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.